Its true that change is best brought around from the inside. And India, culturally, is not given to revolution but to evolution - and thats a good thing.
But I need a political outfit that can promise me the following:
- The right to speak my mind. Especially when I disagree with them.
- An RTI like policy that the outfit responds quickly and transparently to - no fine print - whenever a member or any citizen asks a question. Add a 100/- donation to the party if you feel like with the form.
- A career ladder, including a decent growth path, for careerist politicians. Well laid out and transparent.
- Transparent sources of funding, audited accounts.
- One person one post.
- Publicly shared constitution, auditable mechanisms and processes for citizen involvement, decision making and supporting/opposing policies or legislation based on issues.
- Openly decided/debated list of candidates with internal elections, representation and debates. Details of decision making available through the RTI like mechanism above.
- Every candidate/office bearer/party member should respond to queries about personal assets, stand on issues etc if asked, esp through the RTI like mechanism.
And then, sure - count me in!