Whats It Done ?

I have be cycling for a little over a year now. Whats it achieved and what have I gotten out of this ? A list...

The SUB 40 at CCD, and Shubha's SUB 5 at 2/3 Coffee

  • I'm fitter, and a little leaner. Don't catch a cold as easily, and even feel less cold.
  • I'm more "weather friendly". Don't mind a little sweat, or rain, or chill.
  • My eyes opened up to public transport since I now find the car/motorbike cumbersome in the city!
  • Bangalore has shrunk! I've been to places I've avoided for years.
  • I've spoken to many more cops, and even other regular folks.
  • Our fuel bill has gotten much smaller.
  • Sold one of the motorbikes.
  • Made tons of new friends.
  • Have seen numerous new places, even on roads I've zipped past hundreds of times.
  • Saw the entire Nilgiris at the most relaxed pace ever.
  • Have become a lot more aware about our carbon footprint.
And ever since I lost the speedo - have cycled in a much more relaxed way :)

Update: Damn I almost forgot one of the most important ones:
  • I get to eat all the dessert I want :D

[ Tracking my rides here. ]

4 comments:

Big Foot said...

Very cool! I like the part about the desserts :)

Jayadeep(JDP) said...

Awesome Sameer! I haven't ventured out much, but feels the same on most of the things you mention. Running is still my primary fitness activity and hope to balance both over time.

And I would say, I get to eat all kinds of nuts - especially the cashew!

Hitanshu said...

Very very cool - liked the last part especially :D

sameer said...

@Big Foot @Hitanshu :D At least one person started cycling after seeing how peacefully I eat whatever I want!

@Jayadeep I admire/envy folks who run. I just cannot. And yeah, I've started having all kinds of nuts too...